Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I've been tagged..

by Jaci

so here goes *s*

Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal?

I prefer contemporary and paranormal ... I'm starting to give some historicals a chance. They don't capture my attention as well as most other genres though.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?

My budget calls for mass market, but I like trade, too. Hardbacks are rare for me.

Heyer or Austen?
Austen

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?

I don't even know what Brick and Mortar are (well I do but I'm assuming in this context they have something to do with a book store?)

Barnes & Noble or Borders?

Neither. I'm in Canada *s* The main book store here is Chapters.

Woodiwiss or Lindsay?
Lindsay

First romance novel you ever remember reading?
Oh dear god I have no idea. Probably The Promise by Danielle Steel?

Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random?
Completely random!

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?

I could never throw away a book (unless it was in tatters, and even then I'd try to repair if I could). I'll give them to the library, hospital or a shelter if I don't intend to keep them, and a friend doesn't want them. My preference is to fall so in love with the story that I have to keep it though *s* T hat doesn't happen as often as I'd like unfortunately.

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
Mass market and trade paperbacks don't tend to come with dust jackets so this isn't really a delima LOL. If I do have a hard cover book I'll take the cover off while reading it then put it back on when it's on the shelf.

Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake?
Sookie!
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
I try to make it to the end of the chapter.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?

It depends *s*

Crusie or SEP?
SEP

Buy or Borrow?
Mostly buy but sometimes borrow. If it's a new to me author I'll try at the library first.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?
Mostly recommendation from other people. I don’t pay much attention to reviews. I like 'discovering' new authors while browsing in the book store/library too :)

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?

I like the tidy ending unless it's in a series.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?

All of the above! Anytime I can find time to read :)

Series or standalone?

I love a good series! Stand alone's work for me too :) I'm a book slut LOL

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
I love both of Jeff Lindsay's books and can't wait for the third *s* Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter. The 'hero' of the book, or main character is a serial killer...with a conscience. He only kills the bad guys.

Okay, now it's my turn to tag someone .... I choose Dakota, Isy and Michelle.

No comments: