Saturday, January 27, 2007

It's official!



I registered last night!

On July 27-29, 2007 I'll be participating in a very special event called The Weekend to End Breast Cancer.

I'll walk 60 kilometres over the course of one weekend with thousands of other women and men. The net proceeds will support breast cancer research, treatment, and services through the Alberta Cancer Foundation.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,000, but I've set my personal goal at $3,000. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Use this link to go visit my site - and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train.

According to the National Cancer Institute of Canada, approximately 20,500 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 5,400 will die from the disease. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

1 comment:

Debbie E said...

That's wonderful Erin! I admire your courage to walk 60 kilometres. I walk 6 laps on my treadmill and I'm sweating. Great for you and for all people who may face cancer one day.

Hugs