Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Thursday 13


Thirteen great books to read aloud to your favourite child (for me it's my nieces *s*)


1. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
2. Falling Up by Shel Silverstein
3. Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss
4. The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
5. Dogzilla by Dav Pilkey (you must use a mouse voice when reading this to get the best effect)
6. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
7. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
8. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams and Katherine Wilson
9. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
10. If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff
11. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson
12. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
13. Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE:

14 comments:

Ivÿ said...

[erin] - that's very nice list. :) I still have to wait for a few more months before I can have someone to read to. :)

mine's posted already! :) http://ivan-ulrich.blogspot.com

Happy Thursday! =)

Angela said...

My TT is about children's books as well!
http://moonfever0.blogspot.com/2007/07/tt-11-childrens-book-recommendations.html

I like your list, full of great classics. I've read almost every one of them!

Michelle B said...

Oh, these are great! Some of these I haven't read in years. Mine's up too (http://lilikoi44.blogspot.com) This week is 13 places I've visited or lived:)

Hope your week is going well!

Robin said...

You've got some great ones there, but I have to say that I can't get through Harold (especially the ABC one) without falling asleep myself! Something about the cadence I guess...

Unknown said...

Some excellent choices, although Alyssa has a sllightly different list. LOL

Sparky Duck said...

ahhh the velveteen rabbit

LA Day said...

I miss the days when I used to read to my daughter.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I was a literature major a long time ago, so I love reading good children's books. You've certainly listed some great ones that I've spent hours re-reading to my kids when they were teeny. Have a great Thursday!

Suprina said...

#13 is my favorite...
#1, and #9 come in a close second.

Great LIST!

Happy TT!

charleneteglia said...

Oh, you forgot Goodnight Moon! And Llamas in Pajamas. Llama Llama Red Pajama. Where the Sidewalk Ends, Shel Silverstein. TS Eliot's Book of Practical Cats. (My kids are nuts for this one. Especially the Jellicle Cats poem.)

Erin the Innocent said...

Charlene, That's because it's a Thursday 13, not a Thursday bizillian LOL

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

So many of these are favorites and books I read to my daughter when she was little. I’m a huge Dr. Seuss fan, and I always liked Sendak and Silverstein.

I think reading to a child is just about one of the best things an adult can do. It helps kids use and build their imagination, opens doors, expands horizons and creates a special bond between the reader and the child. :-) Great list, Erin!

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I had a child around of the appropriate age to read to, but I'll make a note of these...someday, there'll be grandchildren...

Lori said...

Dogzilla was a HUGE hit in my house for many years! Kat Kong was ok, but nowhere near as good as Dogzilla.

My boys also loved Guess How Much I Love You - it was always a big bedtime favorite. We used to try to outdo each other with how much we loved each other. *sigh* Then they grow up.