Wednesday, December 27, 2006

December TBR challenge completed!


YAY! I avoided a spot on the wall of shame all year with the TBR challenge on Angie's blog!

Title: Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Author: Jeff Lindsay

Year published:
2004

blurb from the back cover...
Meet Dexter Morgan, a polite wolf in sheep's clothing. He's handsome and charming, but something in his past has made him abide by a different set of rules. He's a serial killer whose one golden rule makes him immensely likable: he only kills bad people. And his job as a blood spatter expert for the Miami police department puts him in the perfect position to identify his victims. But when brutal murders bearing a striking similarity to his own style start turning up, Dexter is caught between being flattered and being frightened - of himself or some other fiend.

Why did you get this book? I have no idea *s* It's been in my TBR stack for a while. I probably bought it because of the blurb on the back (since the author was unfamiliar to me) but then wasn't in the mood for that type of book until this month.

Do you like the cover?
I don't dislike the cover. Since reading this book I had to go buy the second book in the series right away and found the same book with a different cover which I like better *s* The second book was a trade paperback so maybe I'll be a geek and re-buy this book in trade as well so they match. Yes I know I'm weird.

Did you enjoy the book?
OH. MY. GOD. I LOVED this book *s* It's different and the main character is twisted and you love him anyways LOL then you shake your head and wonder at yourself enjoying a character like Dexter.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again?
Yes he was new to me and definitely *s* This month I read both books in the series that are released so far. The third one isn't released until August 2007 (sigh) AND it's going to be in hardcover so even if I re-buy this book to match the second one it won't match the third. It's a delima.

Are you keeping it or passing it on?
Keeping it! (unless I buy the trade paperback version of it. If I do that I'll have this one to pass on)

At any rate I'd suggest this book to anyone who is looking for a fabulous read. Especially if they like reading crime fiction.

No comments: