Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Don't you hate it when ...

you find that you can no longer read books written by former auto-buy authors because they're so damn horrible (consistently)that you want to poke your eye out with a pen as you slam your head into a wall to take away the pain of the words you forced yourself to read. You forced yourself to read them because you couldn't believe that the book was THAT FRICKIN BAD. Unfortunately it only got worse.

Luckily I was able to restrain myself from actually tearing the book apart and burning the pages. I was able to return it and get something different instead.

I had to do a massive test read though. I think I read the first 30 pages in the store (good thing I read fast) in order to make SURE that it wouldn't make me want to tear my eyes out with the horror of it.

That was this past weekend btw. I'm still shuddering with the terrifying memory of it.

And no I'm not naming the book here. I'm sweet and innocent and nice and stuff. It would go against my beliefs since I can't constructively criticise it. I can only say it is the most horrific piece of dung that has probably been published and I'm sad that while reading it, I lost time in my life that I can never get back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, Erin... that sounds scary, lol. I'm sorry to hear that the book was that bad. I have an auto-buy author... and while her books are all starting to read the same, I can't seem to help from buying them. It's a comfort read for me :)

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hate when that happens. Now, of course, you need to email me which one because we read very similar authors and titles.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I've read a few stinkers. Seriously had to get away. I have left authors that I used to buy b/c they lost their love for the art and were just mass producers of adulterad literature that they dared to put out on the market.

Sorry but I'll keep my dollars and give a newbie a chance.

Check out my 13 pet peeves form last week. But if you want to be uplifted then check out this week's 13.