Saturday, March 03, 2007

I have survived my first 2 days of highschool in 20 years ...

As of Thursday, I am working in a senior high school as an educational assistant.

DEAR GOD! When did kids start swearing so much in school??? I am having so many OMG I feel old moments. I find myself thinking ... we never did/said THAT when I was in school! LOL Then I go oh dear god I'm officially old now that I've had that thought LOL

I have homework this weekend LOL I have to figure out how to use those damn fancy calculators since the classes I'm helping in are almost all math (ironic that the students swear but I'm not allowed to LOL *shudders* Math makes me swear LOL)

For the next couple of weeks I'll be doing part time learning support and part time in the classroom with the students with severe special needs. Eventually I'll be full time learning support.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kris said...

My students swear and I teach elementary school. But they hear it at home and on tv and from friends so to them it is normal and acceptable. The only ones who seem to think that it is not are their teachers.

Caffey said...

Wishing you a bunch of luck Erin! I don't understand my teens either and the words they use now too! For swearing, eventhough I can't hear, they know I can lipread it and don't tolerate it in my house, but I believe it with the language cuz my daughter said thats all they did in HS, kids thought it was cool to swear.
NOT!