Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thursday 13



13 Books that have been in my TBR pile for way too long




1. The Soulless by LG Burbank I can't even remember why I bought this book. LOL The blurb on the back is pretty interesting but the cover kinda creeps me out. It's a hard back book that's paperback sized ... that might have been the shiny thing that caught my attention too.

2. The Demon you Know by Christine Warren. I love this series. I have no idea why this book hasn't been read yet.

3. Midnight Fantasy by Ann Major. I can NOT believe I have a category romance this current. I tend to save those (when I do read them) as library books. Too expensive for the page count IMO.

4. Blood Calls by Caridad Pineiro. Another category book? OY! The blurb is cool though. I almost hope that I don't like it because it looks like this is in a series LOL.

5. Heat Stroke by Rachel Caine. Okay. I know this one was buried in the stack and re-discovered when I moved. I'll be reading it soon.

6. The Moon Witch by Linda Winstead Jones. My attention was drawn to this because of the artwork on the cover. Pretty :) It's the second book in a series though. Should I give Anne heart palpitations by reading out of order? *g*

7. Bride of Lochbarr by Margaret Moore. I have no idea why I have this. I don't tend to buy a lot of historicals. Men in Kilts though ... mmmm *g*

8. The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King. I must read this soon. Stephen King and Dragons? What was I thinking not reading this one right away???

9. Raintree: Inferno by Linda Howard. Another category but with Linda Howards name it was a must buy. Awesome artwork too!

10.Night Echoes by Holly Lisle. She's an auto buy author for me. So many books so little time though!

11.Vamps and the City by Kerrilyn Sparks. I loved the first book. This just got lost in the stack. (do you see a theme here? lol)

12.The Blood Books Volume One (Blood Trail and Blood Price) by Tanya Huff. Someone told me that I needed to read her books so I bought this on sale I think. I still haven't got around to reading either of the stories though.

13.Night Life by Elizabeth Guest. I saw this in some newsletter somewhere that I subscribe to and it looked interesting.

Wow! I have a lot of reading to do. (this hardly puts a dent in my TBR stacks LOL)




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Ann said...

Cool list, 2,5,10 and 11 sound like books I'd like to read. I have read 8 and 12 (they turned 12 into a tv series on Lifetime called Blood Ties- quite good). Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

my TBR pile is frightening. truly frightening.

May said...

I adore Rachel Caine.

The Linda Howard is my first Nocturne, and I liked it quite a bit.

Haven't read that Lisle book--kinda not willing to pay for it after the disappointment of Talyn, even though I know it's a different kind of book.

Oh oops! I interviewed Guest when Night Life came out, but I've not gotten the book--don't remember seeing it even, so I guess I've an excuse.

Sam said...

Hi Erin!
I have to admit my TBR pile is towering - and there are some I just can't bring myself to read. (yet). They're the books I guess I have to 'be in the mood' for. Mood books? LOL
Right now I'm into Terry Pratchett (again) so I'm devouring his books and laughing like a loon.
:-)